Australia Covid live news update: NSW records 1,127 new cases, Victoria 445 and Qld one; ACT lockdown extended
Victoria records two deaths and 445 new cases; one case locally acquired in Queensland and one in quarantine; discussions over home quarantine system continue; NSW premier to meet leaders of areas under strict lockdown rules – follow updates live
- Guardian Essential poll: majority of Australians support vaccine mandates
- Plan to boost Indigenous Covid vaccinations as bungled Victorian figures corrected
- Australia takes major step towards vaccine passports for international travel
- NSW Covid vaccination rate by postcode – check your suburb
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; borders
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Some good news coming out of Victoria for pets, and pet owners.
Pet grooming is back in metropolitan Melbourne.
Outdoor, contactless pet grooming will now be permitted in Metro Melbourne. Grooming is important for the welfare of our furry friends – it helps prevent skin irritations and matting which can lead to more serious problems – especially as the weather heats up.
Mobile pet groomers have been given the green light to operate after a Health Department backflip.
A listener has sent us what’s possibly the best dog grooming photo of all time.
Send us your photos if you think you can beat this! pic.twitter.com/0JTPGhubAD
There’s no certainty yet on whether ACT residents will be jetting across the border come Christmas time.
Do you anticipate ACT residents will be able to travel interstate by Christmas time?
Based of course on the decisions of the other jurisdictions –I don’t control the borders of Western Australia, Tasmania, South Australia, Northern Territory, et cetera. But we would hope so.