Australia news live update: 13 Covid deaths across NSW and Victoria; Tasmania to ease border restrictions; Northern Territory records mystery case
Victoria records 1,343 Covid cases and 10 deaths; NSW records 249 cases, three deaths as border with Victoria opens; Tasmania’s border restrictions will ease from 15 December; ACT reports six cases; no new local cases in Queensland; Katherine locked down as Northern Territory records mystery Covid case; national cabinet to meet for first time in a month – follow live updates here
- Friendlyjordies defamation case: Jordan Shanks apologises to John Barilaro to settle claim
- Man committed to stand trial for alleged rape of Brittany Higgins in 2019
- NSW and Victoria open border for fully vaccinated
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Victoria vaccination rate map; NSW vaccination rates map
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Scott Morrison will meet with state premiers and territory chief ministers this afternoon for the first national cabinet meeting in more than a month.
We’re told the agenda includes an update on international border arrangements and an update on testing, tracing, isolation and quarantine protocols.
We don’t know where and we don’t know when but this is community transmission.
He has caught it from someone in the territory but we don’t know who … Right now this bloke has no idea how he caught Covid and neither do we.