Australia politics live news update: NSW confirms 753 Covid cases; Victoria opens Pfizer for 16-39s; ACT records 30 new cases
NSW reaches 6m vaccinations as 753 new Covid cases are recorded; forty of Victoria’s new local cases linked, with state to extend Pfizer eligibility to 16-19-year-olds; 30 new cases in ACT, two in Queensland. Follow updates live
- Ending lockdowns with 80% vaccinated could cause 25,000 Australian deaths, new modelling suggests
- Australian Covid vaccine study shows social restrictions and cash would slash hesitancy
- Why is Australia at odds over the Doherty report and what does it say about opening up the country?
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; borders; hotspots: NSW; Vic; Qld
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
There has been a lot to take in this morning, so while we wait for QT, let’s run down what we learned.