Nigerian govt orders closure of bars, night clubs, restricts guests at events to 50


Following the confirmation of a second wave of coronavirus in Nigeria, the federal government has ordered the immediate closure of bars, nightclubs, and restaurants across the country.

The number of guests at weddings, conferences, among others have also been limited to 50 persons.

The chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, while speaking at its briefing on Monday, said the new guidelines are part of measures to limit the spread of the virus.

He said President Muhammadu Buhari has authorised the PTF to engage with the states and the FCT to assume full ownership of this stage of the response by deploying legal structures and resources to enforce and manage the pandemic within their jurisdictions:

“In line with the authorisation, the PTF wishes to issue the following advisories to sub-national entities for implementation over the next five weeks because these activities are considered super spreader events:

“Close All bars, night clubs, pubs and event centres, and recreational venues;

“Close all restaurants except those providing services to hotel residents; takeaways, home deliveries and drive-ins shall remain closed,” he said.

Nigeria is currently experiencing the second wave of COVID-19. PREMIUM TIMES reported how Nigeria recorded more new cases of COVID-19 last week than in an previous week.

More details soon…






Read from the Source link

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

About The Author

You might be interested in

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *